Sunday 23 May 2010

Suddenly Sunday

Svea at Confessions and Ramblings of a Muse in the Fog created this weekly event and invites anyone to join in and leave a link at her blog.

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog lately. It's not intentional, it's just there's always something else to do that takes priority I guess. Anyway, let's move on...

I have not had a very good week this week. Yesterday I found out that my bank card had been cloned and someone had stolen all of my money from my bank account!! The bank said that they should be able to reimburse me after they've done a full investigation, which could take weeks! In the mean time my account has been frozen and I can't pay anything in our out of my account. Also I'll have to open a new account which means ringing around every company that I pay bills to and letting them know that my payments might be delayed until this all gets sorted. Major stress that I do not need!

Apart from that, everything else is the same as usual, I have yet another essay to write this week, to be honest I'm beginning to wish I'd never opted to do this course, but it'll be worth it in the end.

On the book front I've read quite a few books lately, but there hasn't been anything special, they've actually all been a bit... meh...
I did find a trailer sort of thing for a book that I like the look of. It's called By Midnight and it's by Mia James. They have this cool little webpage set up where you can read the first chapter, and you can even enter to win a copy of the book (UK only). I'm not usually into vampire books, but this one looks a bit different, and after reading the first chapter I can't wait to read the full book! Check it out at: http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/ravenwood/

2 comments:

  1. May has been a meh month for me too, starting to pick up towards the end so hopefully that means a good June! Sorry to hear about your bank problems, that sounds like a horrible situation. Hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that your bank card got stolen! How awful. I hope that the situation will get solved without too much trouble on your part.

    ReplyDelete