Sunday 4 July 2010

In My Mailbox 8

It's been a fairly quiet week for books this week. I only got one, which I received through a swap.
Dissolution (Matthew Shardlake #1)
Dissolution by C.J. Sansom
The year is 1537, and the country is divided between those faithful to the Catholic Church and those loyal to the king and the newly established Church of England. When a royal commissioner is brutally murdered in a monastery on the south coast of England, Thomas Cromwell, Henry VIII's feared vicar general, summons fellow reformer Matthew Shardlake to lead the inquiry. Shardlake and his young protégé uncover evidence of sexual misconduct, embezzlement, and treason, and when two other murders are revealed, they must move quickly to prevent the killer from striking again.
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds amazing. I am adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book does sound good. I like to read a historical mystery every once in a while and that time period sounds fascinating. Here is my mailbox this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting. I haven't read historical fiction for awhile. I'll have to check it out. I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! Looking forward to your reviews.
    These are the ones we got this week: Vlog
    Take care!
    Vanessa
    Book ♥ Soulmates

    ReplyDelete