Monday 20 February 2012

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) WORLDS KEPT THEM APART. DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER. Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim. Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers
My thoughts: I struggled to get in to this book at first. I'm not sure why, I think it was quite hard for me to get my head around the post-apocalyptic setting of the story. Once I sort of understood that aspect I really started to enjoy the story. I finished the book in two days because I simply couldn't put it down. Aria started of as a bit naive and slightly annoying to be honest, but she seemed to grow up a bit throughout the book and I enjoyed seeing her gradually learning about the outside world and coming to terms with what was happening in her own world. I liked the developing relationship between Aria and Perry although it didn't really make sense to me at first. I am looking forward to finding out what happens to them in the next book. Unfortunately I did feel that the ending of the book was a bit disappointing, it didn't really do the story justice, but hopefully things will be resolved in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment